(Sorry, PicMonkey is still not working for me…… anyone know of any other places to make featured images?)
Hey, there! Today, I’m doing the Tolkien Tag 2017, part of the Hobbit Week blog party hosted by Hamlette! I’m a little late, but…. I just had to do it!
1. How long have you been a Tolkien fan?
It actually hasn’t been that long, let me think. I read the Hobbit for school last year, but as it was for school, I didn’t think much of it. I also started trying to read the Lord of the Rings, but I got a copy with very small print and I got bored of it.
And THEN, I watched the movies. And I loved them, and started getting my hands on everything Tolkien. I’ve officially read every one of Tolkien’s stories that my library has…. except the Sillmarilion… that…. was rather boring, but I’m going to try again soon!
2. Has your love of Middle-earth affected your life?
Oh, definitely! It really inspired me, in many ways.
3. If you had to take the One Ring to Mordor, which character would you choose for your sole companion?
Oooh, that’s a hard one…. I guess either Aragorn or Legolas…. let’s say Legolas, then.
4. Which is scarier, Shelob or the Balrog?
Shelob, most certainly Shelob. SHELOB IS A BIG SPIDER I DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS HALP.
5. Which two towers do you think Tolkien was referring to in the title The Two Towers? (i.e. Orthanc, Barad-dûr, Cirith Ungol, Minas Morgul, or Minas Tirith)
I think either Orthanc or Barad-dûr, nut I’m not sure.
6. Whose wardrobe would you like to have?
Oooh….. Arwen’s! Or….. maybe Tauriel’s? Or Eowyn’s? Galadriel’s?…….. Hm. Give me a second to ponder this……
AIHSDJHKASDH CAN I HAVE THEM ALL?
I guess I’ll say Arwen’s for the Lord of the Rings, and Tauriel’s for the Hobbit because that means at least two…. XD
7. What do you think an Ent Draught would taste like?
Slightly earthy and rather flavorless, truthfully. Maybe it might be a little gritty, like dirt?
8. Where in Middle-earth would you like to live?
Rivendell! I would LOVE to live in Rivendell!
9. Do you have any Tolkien-related opinions that surprise other people?
Hmmm… I’m not really sure about that.
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the books or movies.
Okay, here goes!
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
” May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
“White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
(Isn’t that description just beautiful?)
“Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
I can’t think of anymore right now, but there are a TON more.
Well, that’s that! I am off to a Wildlife Exposition right now, so, adieu!
What did you think of this post? Are you a Tolkien fan? What are your favorite Tolkien quotes?